Planning and Future Development
The Parish Council wishes to sustain and develop employment, retail and leisure opportunities whilst at the same time ensuring that Oldland Parish is a good place to live.
Oldland Parish will work to ensure:
- No erosion of greenbelt or public open space.
- Brown field sites be used in preference to green field sites.
- Retail/light industrial developments be concentrated in Aldermoor Way area.
- Awareness of light pollution and take steps to reduce its impact.
- Awareness of increased flood risks with loss of green sites.
- Support for small scale residential improvements.
- Compliance with South Gloucs Council’s car parking standards to minimise the effect upon on-street parking in residential areas.
- Consideration of traffic and access issues in respect of all development.
- Maintenance of open plan residential areas and amenity space.
- Parish Council makes effective use of the Community Infrastructure Levy.