Oldland Parish Council works within the community to improve quality of life for parishioners and to serve the needs of the local community both by direct action and working in partnership with other agencies to deliver local services.
The Council covers the parish wards of Cadbury Heath, Longwell Green and Mount Hill.
The Parish Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards. Please see under the Policies & Procedures (Governance) section to read the Statement in full. If you require any document in an alternative format, please contact the Clerk.
Climate Emergency Statement
Oldland Parish Council declared a Climate Emergency 15 December 2020.
The purpose is for Oldland Parish Council to set an example to the parish and lead by its actions.
The following points were proposed and agreed:
- To facilitate a Climate Action working group.
- To pledge to work towards making Oldland Parish carbon neutral by 2030.
- To work with South Gloucs Council to assist with the declaration to make South Gloucestershire carbon neutral by 2030.
- To act as a voice for the community to lobby for action on climate change, raise the profile and share lessons with higher levels of government.
- To continue to work with its surrounding parishes to deliver this new goal through all relevant strategies and plans.